Send Onam Gifts Worldwide
Here are few of the inspirational quotes related to the festival of Onam. Have a look on the article to know more about the festival and then move on to the quotations.
Onam which falls in the month of Chingam (August-September) is celebrated every year continuously for ten days. This festival is very important for the people of Kerala and commemorates a historical and glorious past. Popular as the harvest festival, it is believed by the people to be the time when King Mahabali comes to visit his state and his subjects. Irrespective of caste and creed, the people in Kerala rejoice this festive time with great gusto. It brings near and dear ones closer and also gives them a chance of family get together and merriment. It is said that during the reign of King Mahabali, people lived with unity and harmony and that is why during these ten days too, people maintains that prosperity and unity. This festival is celebrated in such a manner that it creates peace and harmony in the society. There are some of the Onam quotes which tell about the fact that this festival unites the people of Kerala. Read to know the Onam quotes by different people.
- “We celebrate Onam to commemorate a glorious past. All of us yearn for a time like that of King Mahabali, a time when prosperity, joy and love blended. But in order to realize this dream we need to put forward creative and sustained effort.”- Anonymous
- “When Maveli, our King, ruled the land,
All the people had equality.
And people were joyful and merry;
They were all free from harm.
There was neither anxiety nor sickness,
Death of the children was never even heard of,
There were no lies,
There was neither theft nor deceit,
And no one was false in speech either.
Measures and weights were right;
No one cheated or wronged his neighbour.
When Maveli, our King, ruled the land,
All the people formed one casteless race.”
– (Translation of popular quote: “Maaveli naadu vaanidum kalam…”)
- “In the evolutionary order of the incarnations of Lord Vishnu, we find that Vamana is the first incarnation with a human body. By now, the animalistic features are discarded and Human Being is born. Here we have to note that Vamana is not born outside but in the mind of Rakshasa or Demon King Mahabali, who has changed his Rakshasa nature and sticks to truthfulness and charity. He rises prepared to sacrifice his everything. To Vamana he not only gave all the three worlds he possessed but also allowed to boy to place his foot on his own head. Thereby Mahabali made the greatest sacrifice – the absolute sacrifice of his own ego.” - Mata Amritanandamayi
- “Time for petals on floor, children on swings, tiger clad men with hunters behind them, people enjoying Onasadya with family and what all…Let this Onam bring Joy and Prosperity to all…” - Anonymous
- “We have lost the true spirit of Onam. Let each of our actions be a yajna for universal good. May the new clothes we wear be that of Dharma and faith. May our hearts be united in love and joy, and make life an everlasting Thiruvonam. Thus we can retrieve the lost Onam.” – Anonymous
- “Life becomes a festival when gaiety and culture blend. Onam delivers the message of both.” – Anonymous